Inclusion in this list does not necessarily imply NSRC endorsement of their ideas or services. Links are grouped by stepfamilies, stepmothers, stepfathers, and divorce issues. Also see these useful links for media professionals and research.
Stepfamily Related Links
- AFCC (Association of Family Conciliation Courts) – AFCC is an organization of lawyers, judges and mental health people who promote, and learn together about, best practices for kids and families in the courts.
- American Family Therapy Academy – AFTA is a non-profit organization of leading family therapy teachers, clinicians, program developers, researchers and social scientists, dedicated to advancing systemic thinking and practices for families in their ecological context.
- The Association for Couples in Marriage Enrichment – Building Better Marriages. The mission of ACME is to promote marriages by providing enrichment opportunities that strengthen couple relationships and enhance personal growth, mutual fulfillment, and family wellness.
- Bonus Families – A non-profit organization dedicated to peaceful coexistence between separated or divorced parents and their new families.
- Designing Dynamics Stepfamilies – Bringing the pieces to peace.
- Family, friendly, fun – Offers a wide variety of family fun, family life and family health topics including adoption, baby care, celebration and parties, children and teens, disabilities, and special needs for babies to grandparents.
- Family Medallion – Celebrating and strengthening family ties. Help children feel included in the wedding plans and a tangible symbol of being embraced by the new familiy.
- InStep Ministries – Practical resources for stepfamilies.
- Parenting With Dignity – A resource where parents learn new, essential parenting skills and gives them the tools necessary to create an encouraging, and loving home for their children.
- SelfGrowth.com – Provides a central resource for information on Self Improvement, Self Help and Personal Growth on the Internet.
- ShareKids.com – A co-parenting system designed to assist individuls in managing child sharing between homes.
- Step and Blended Family Institute – An organization that exists to support stepfamilies and the individuals in them, to succeed at the enormous task of building and nurturing their new families.
- StepCarefully for Stepparents – An organization created by stepparents, for stepparents We offer on-line support, as well as a to-the-point series of resources for step-parenting needs, and a newsletter designed to help stepfamilies not only survive, but succeed.
- Stepfamilies Australia – A self-help, non-profit organization offering support, education, and resources to stepfamilies in Australia.
- Stepfamily inFormation – This nonprofit, research-based, educational site is for prospective and current stepfamily members and their supporters. It suggests 12 ongoing projects that co-parents can work at together to overcome five re/divorce hazards, and build a high-nurturance stepfamily. Browse over 450 Web pages on understanding and resolving typical stepfamily problems.
- Stepfamily Living – Stepfamily information and resources from veteran stepfamily educator and therapist Elizabeth Einstein.
- Stepping Stones Counseling Center – Created with the goal of improving and enriching the quality of stepfamily life. “We not only work with stepfamily issues, we face them every day in our personal lives.”
- SmartStepfamilies – Christian resources for Church and Home. This site offers articles, resources, and conferences for stepfamilies and ministry leaders. It also offers couples an opportunity take the online Couple Checkup to understand and enhance their relationship.
Stepmother/Second Wives Links
- WIFE – The non-profit Women’s Institute for Financial Education provides financial education and net-working opportunities to women of all ages. You’ss find a dynamic on-line magazine updated several times each month.
- StepTogether– Provides “virtual” support and educational material resources for all women and persons who are, or have been stepmothers, stepfathers, or in a stepfamily as a stepchild or otherwise related to a stepfamily environment.
- National Fatherhood Initiative – A non-profit, non-partisan, non-sectarian national civic organization founded in 1994 to stimulate a society-wide movement to confront the growing problem of father absence, and is dedicated to improving the well-being of children by increasing the number of children growing up with involved, responsible, and committed fathers.
- Father 4 Kids – Information about, and referrals to, attorneys and other professionals who understand fathers’ issues, and effectively represent the interests of fathers and children in family court in all jurisdictions.
- American Coalition for Fathers and Children – We dedicate ourselves and our efforts to the creation of a family law system, legislative system, and public awareness, which promotes equal rights for ALL parties affected by divorce and the breakup of a family, or establishment of paternity.
- National Center for Fathering – Inspires and equips men to be better fathers. They conduct research on fathers and fathering and develop practical resources to prepare dads for nearly every fathering situation.
- Stepmother’s Plight
Divorce Support and Legal Issues Links
- American Responsible Divorce Network – Options for making divorce gentler on families; offers a monthly newsletter.
- Divorce Central – Has developed this service to offer help, support, and information, and to give you the opportunity to communicate with others who are in various stages of decision-making.
- Divorce Help for Parents – A site devoted to helping divorced parents navigate the complex waters of parenting after divorce.
- Divorce Info – Designed to help you get through divorce, and move on with your life.
- DivorceNet – State by State resource center, and interactive bulletin boards (forums) dealing with various divorced family and stepfamily issues.
- DivorceSource.com – Offers State-specific divorce information and stepfamily issues.
- Divorce Support – Offers support with divorce, child custody and family law.
- Fathers’ Rights – experienced attorneys help fathers with litigation and negotiation strategies while always focusing on what is best for the child(ren).
- DivorceInteractive.com – A comprehensive divorce resource with survival tools, information and helpful resources for divorce.
- Divorce Step – Providing consultation and direct service in the area of divorce and stepfamily relationships.
- Kids’ Turn – Workshops that help children & parents through parental separation & divorce.
- Legal Help USA – Professional legal aid available from a nationwide team of expert lawyers that provide help and assistance with all legal related issues.
- MillennumDivorce.com – A divorce site devoted to providing information and help. Developed and written by divorce lawyers and family law attorneys to answer your questions.